Foursquare now in 5 additional languages
Sine this Monday Foursquare is now available in German, French, Italian, Spanish and Japanese. This app, which works best on a smartphone, already has more than 6,5 million users world-wide and can look back on 381 million check-ins in 2010 (a plus of 3400% compared to the previous year!).
Foursquare offers its users discounts and specials in participating stores and companies. Through your smartphone’s GPS you will receive via a live update the specials, which can be found near your present location. Once inside the store you show your phone (check-in) to receive the discount. Many partners offer additional discounts for repeat visits. At the same time, you can also offer tips yourself of places/stores to visit and, of course, integrate the information with your Facebook and Twitter accounts to also let your friends know of the specials and where you are at the moment.
In my opinion a great opportunity especially for small stores and companyies.
This post is also available in: German
- Thinglink – interactive pics for your homepage
- Thinglink – interaktive Fotos für deine Homepage
- 7 nützliche Tipps zur Steigerung des ROI von E-mail Kampagnen
- 7 useful tips to improve the ROI of your e-mail campaigns
- 9+ tips to improve your e-commerce conversion rate
- 9+ Tipps zur Verbesserung Deiner E-Commerce Konversionsrate
- Jobsearch 2.0 or how a targeted Adwords campaign led to success
- Jobsuche 2.0 Tipp oder wie eine gezielte Adwords-Kampagne zum Erfolg führte
- Two examples of successful, interactive Facebook campaigns
- Zwei Beispiele einer erfolgreichen, interaktiven Facebook-Marketingkampagne