Jobsearch 2.0 or how a targeted Adwords campaign led to success
Last summer Alec Brownstein was a Copywriter with Publicis in New York, who was looking for a new job. During his search of job openings he googled the names of the creative director’s he admires most. He was surprised to find no sponsored links on the results page.
Working with the assumption that everyone at one point or another googles oneself, he purchased an Adwords Sponsored Links campaign centered on the names of said creative directors with the following message: “Hey, [creative director's name]: Goooogling yourself is a lot of fun. Hiring me is fun, too. www.alecbrownstein.com.”
Within 6 months all but one had called him for an interview and to ended up offering him a job. Since the end of last year, Alec is now a Senior Copywriter at Young & Rubicam.
And the campaign cost him a whopping $6!
This post is also available in: German
- 7 nützliche Tipps zur Steigerung des ROI von E-mail Kampagnen
- 7 useful tips to improve the ROI of your e-mail campaigns
- Jobsuche 2.0 Tipp oder wie eine gezielte Adwords-Kampagne zum Erfolg führte
- Two examples of successful, interactive Facebook campaigns
- Zwei Beispiele einer erfolgreichen, interaktiven Facebook-Marketingkampagne
- Foursquare now in 5 additional languages
- Foursquare jetzt auch auf Deutsch
- What is your favorite Superbowl 2011 ad?
- 11 wichtige Konsumenten-Trends für 2011